FRANK MORROW COMPANY - HISTORY
The Frank Morrow Company was incorporated in early 1929, just months before the banks closed in the Nation's plunge into the Great Depression. Frank Morrow persevered during these years through tool making skill that enabled him to tackle jobs (like making zipper wire) that few others would attempt. His workweek often consisted of seven-day weeks and eighteen-hour workdays with the six hours night's rest taken on top of his desk.
During World War II, the Company switched most of its production to the making of high precision bearings (the ones that worked, not the problem-plagued bearings made at the U.S. Navy's torpedo facility). At the end of the war, production shifted back to the main lines of jewelry findings and decorative wires, bandings and decorative perforated metals for the lighting, giftware, furniture, and leather goods trades.
At the time of Frank Morrow's sudden death in 1965, the company employed approximately fifty people, working in a 15,000-square foot factory. Today, under third-generation family management and after years of investment in automated equipment, the Company employs eleven people in an expanded 60,000-square foot plant. A fully-equipped tool room preserves Frank Morrow's emphasis on putting more development into the automated tooling needed to stay competitive.
The Company's current product line is a very broad array of decorative metal stampings (leaves, flowers, rosettes and medallions, bobeches and husks, animals and insects, motifs, etc.) and trims (solid embossed bandings and perforated filigree galleries) in raw (unfinished) steel, brass, copper, and aluminum. The Company serves a multitude of industries including, but not limited to, hospitality (hotel, cruiseship and casino decor manufacturers), lamp and lighting, furniture, giftware, home and garden, ornamental ironwork, arts and crafts, funerary, fireplace, store fixture (permanent and temporary), architectural accent, gutter and roof ornament, and decorative home accessory manufacturers.